Sunday, November 29, 2009

a sad day...


Well, today is a very very hard day for me. I found out this morning that my beloved dog, Emma, who has been apart of my family since I was 8 years old, was put to sleep yesterday. I know it was a hard decision for my mom to tell me over the phone, but she did, and even thought I was very upset, I was glad she did. Emma was 14 years old, and had a good long life. My dad and I picked her out from the Humane Society when I was in the 3rd grade, and it was only coincidence her name was Emma, my middle name. I decided her full name was Emma Kate Alber since mine is Kate Emma. I loved her so much, she had so much energy, she loved to play with my brother and I, and she was always there for me, through my parents' divorce, going through high school, college, breakups, falling out with friends, etc. She had been getting slower and slower, and I guess she took a turn for the worse this past week, and after they couldn't help her fight an infection because she couldn't eat, my mom and brother took her to the vet's to be put to sleep Saturday morning, November 28th. One month before my 22nd birthday. It's like losing a family member, which hasn't happened since I was 3 years old. I loved her so much, Christmas just won't be the same without her this year.

RIP Emma
Born Oct 1, 1995
Part of the Alber family Feb 27th, 1996
Died November 28, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment