Thursday, November 12, 2009

Going to try to keep it up...

I'm thinking I'm going to try to post at least one interesting thing that happens at work each day, but I'm sure it won't be EVERY single day, but I'll put that at there as a goal. I don't know how "interesting" it will be but...haha.

Today, we were supposed to watch "White Christmas" in my 3rd grade (like seniors) reading class, because they had read a story about war and Christmas (don't get me started...). Anyway, my teacher assured me he could get it at the rental store, but alas, he couldn't. So he brings in...Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Yes, the one with Johnny Depp. Because that movie has sooo much to do with Christmas and war, or anything that they've been learning about. So, yes, lets randomly spend two class periods watching this movie--with Japanese subtitles of course. Ugh and what really bugs me the most is that this class is a bunch of ingrateful BRATS...honestly probably my least favorite class, and that's putting it lightly. It just bugs me because they get to be basically rewarded with a movie for having done nothing, when I can think of much worthier students who would actually appreciate it and be excited. Plus we watched it in a freezing cold room--my required face mask was kept on for sheer warmth.

Well, I suppose that's "interesting." Haha. In other news I have been so crazy busy at work, it's so weird. Planning a ton of lessons--a huge one especially for Friday because Kocho and Kyoto Sensei (Principal and Vice Principal) are observing my second grade class with Toyota Sensei...should be interested. I even practiced in an empty classroom today, haha. I really want it to go well, it just makes me nervous because lessons are almost always rough the first time around unless you've got a really great class, and this one is a lot of stuff (giving directions). I just wish students would at least try in most of my classes--they do this thing where they pretend not to understand ANYTHING--I'm talking about being confused at having to write their names (even in Japanese). It almost makes my blood boil. Anywho should get to bed!

ケイト

No comments:

Post a Comment