Wednesday, November 11, 2009

settling into the routine of things...

so for the most part, life is becoming..well, life, after being here for about 3 1/2 months. wow, can't believe it's been that long! i'm definitely leveling out emotions-wise, but with christmas coming up it has been a little rough--i watch Love Actually last night--what a mistake that was! A movie that starts and finishes with emotional airport reunions was not what I needed when I still have over a month to go! haha but it was still awesome--God I love that movie!

halloween was good fun, went to an awesome jazz/blues/bluegrass bar here in onomichi..i should really get those pictures up. school is really busy right now..it seems like either all my teachers will plan for the week or none of them will, and this week it's a none of them week. Had to get my car into the shop today bc of weird noises/the electricity randomly goes out when i'm driving (fun!), and the awesome guy who sold me the car gave me a loaner---score! no crappy bus to work!! :D was very happy with that!

Already it's nearly a month till I go home for Christmas! Can't wait!! It's going to be so fun to be back with my best friends, maybe the last time, who knows! Glad I am able to make the trip. Plus it will be fun to celebrate my birthday like we always do! It's weird, 22 seems really old yet really young.. this stage of life is just bizarre--i think the best way to describe it is severe growing pains...

The weather here in Japan is really something you can't complain about--today, tomorrow, and thursday it's supposed to rain, but it goes without raining for about 2 weeks at a time usually and it's been in the 70s still for the most part, so reeeally much warmer than back home. Cold weather makes me nostalgic for home anyway so glad it hasn't gotten that cold. I'll be happy/annoyed if it snows though, bc I LOVE SNOW but I live/work/drive in the mountains, so really not going to be fun I think if it does snow. Hopefully won't be too bad.

I'll try to update more often, I need to get some day to day stuff on here! But for now, I'll just end with a quote from my teacher I'm working with tomorrow - "The topic is war and Christmas--any ideas?"

ケイト

No comments:

Post a Comment