Thursday, November 19, 2009

A Day of Sports..

Well, today was interesting. I literally wore the pants I wore to bed to work...oops! Haha we had a "sports day" today, so I got to wear scrubby clothes! :) Always a plus! The girls played basketball allllll day, and the boys played soccer. I am still not over the whole "splitting up" of the genders, but alas, I don't think anything I say or do will change any tradition here, no matter how dated it is.

What was great was that I got to hang out with my students a LOT, and even got some girls to join in a dance that I want them to perform for Christmas--a bit of a dance/pantamine of the Home Alone version of "White Christmas." I hope we'll have time to work on it before Christmas, because the kids are so busy all the time we'll probably only have the lunch period to work on it!

In other news, Thanksgiving pretty much snuck up and bit me in the ass! It's next week and I don't have a lesson together! I mean I have some ideas, but for Halloween I started doing the lesson like 2 1/2 weeks before and fine-tuned it by the end...I don't think I'll have that opportunity this time, and to be honest I can't see myself putting in the effort I did on Halloween for Thanksgiving...Halloween was really fun, but Thanksgiving just doesn't have the pizazz that Halloween does--it's CANDY versus falling asleep after eating too much turkey. Not much comparison. I got some great resources online today though, and I think I'm going to prepare a lesson for Friday's classes tomorrow at my visit school. I have two periods Friday that I can do the lesson in, but I've got repeat students in the second class so not sure how I'm going to deal with that! EEK!

I can't wait for FRIDAY! I am meeting Maggie in Okayama and we are going to OSAKA to meet up with Rose and stay at her Aunt's place for a few days! It's a glorious Japanese three day weekend this weekend so we are staying friday-monday. We will be spending a good amount of that time in Kyoto too! :) Very excited and I invited Mayumi to meet up with us in Kyoto so hopefully she'll be able to! I am anxious to get back to Kyoto--it's been 8 1/2 years since I've been!! Crazy!! I'll have to compare photos afterwards. Anyway hopefully I'll be able to get some pictures up...I'm still having issues getting them formatted in the blog, wish it were easier!! :(

Well, happy Wednesday and tomorrow is one day closer to the weekend! :D

ケイト

No comments:

Post a Comment